All You Need To Know About Murray River Houseboat Holiday
Tags: Murray river Houseboats
, Murray river Cruises
, Australia houseboat holidays
, Houseboat hire Victoria
, Houseboat hire Mildura
August 6, 2018
When you plan to go on a houseboat holiday, you need to make a list of some of the things that you absolutely had to see and do as you travelled around. More and more people are discovering the pleasure and enjoyment that are going on a houseboat holiday offers, so it is becoming a popular recreational activity. Spending a weekend or even longer time on a houseboat with your partner or family and kids can prove to be one of the most delightful experiences of your life. There are several, houseboat rental companies that offer Murray river cruises of various sizes and with different facilities to suit everyone’s budget.
Some tourist attractions
Some of the popular and recommended tourist destinations near the Murray River are Adventure Park at Monash, Loxton Historical Village, the Olivewood Homestead, and the Big Orange.
Some Essential Houseboating Tips
- You do not need a special license to drive a houseboat, a current car driver’s license is sufficient.
- Anybody over 18 years of age can drive a houseboat. Licensed operators provide instruction on arrival.
- Maritime regulations stipulate the number of people travelling on board a houseboat must not exceed the number of berths.
- Industry approved houseboats are insured. Providing the terms and conditions of hire are adhered to, the limit of liability is usually the insurance excess. Any kind of damage be it willful or negligent it is not covered.
- Houseboats travel at an average speed of around 7km an hour and most people average around four or five hours of cruising a day.
- Houseboats must not be driven after sunset.
- Houseboats are fitted with two-way radios and/or mobile phones for back-up assistance and use in case of an emergency.
What to expect from a houseboat holiday on the Murray River?
The advantage of hiring a houseboat from Sunseeker Houseboats is that you can travel at your own pace and go where you want to go. You don’t require a boat license or experience; as long as you have a driver’s license you can hire a houseboat.
Murray River is considered as one of the most visited places in Australia and is irresistible to many travellers because of its magnificent attractions. Travellers can experience and enjoy the wide span of silvery water, greenery, abundant wildlife, and serene landscape. Make the most of your holiday travelling around creeks, isolated streams, and wetlands on a houseboat. Murray River cruises offer a plethora of activities that include water sports, water-skiing, going on moonlight saunters to see nocturnal animals and much more.